Read the original Birdfeed Issue here
Calling All WIF
Everyone from home cooks to super chefs, we need your support!
We’re looking for Women In Food to get involved with our photoshoot here in Cardigan this next week.
Drop us a line for further details, we’d love to have you on board!
THIS WEEK'S TREASURE TROVE
1. "When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just a grab-bag candy game." Writer Kuchenga Pays Tribute To Toni Morrison
2. American Parisian pastry fusion. Devoted Doughnut lovers Amanda and Louis have opened a 'mom and pop' artisan doughnut shop to the streets of Paris. Boneshakers indeed.
3. Goldsmiths, University of London has made a pledge to be fully carbon neutral by 2025. Step 1: Ban the sale of beef. From this September forward the only beef seen on campus will be vegan.
4. The very first Chocolate Cake Recipe was shared by the one and only Eliza Leslie in one of her nine 19th century cookbooks. Try it out for yourself!
5. There's a beautiful new food publication on the scene and it's being described as a 'love letter to all of our mother's recipes'. Peddler, by Australian food writer Hetty McKinnon.
6. Excellent product alert. "If a bird pooped on you, would you wipe it off with dry paper or would you wash it with water?" Social entrepreneur and top status quo questioner, Miki Agrawal, has a new company Tushy, and it's bringing the bidet back.
7. A handy list. Here are 11 of the best women-run restaurants in the world.
8. With the help of social media, chef Cat Dutton has opened the doors to her terraced home, serving restaurant standard food from her kitchen table.
9. This lesser-known Jamaican fruit has a killer potential, quite literally. None-the-less here's an Ackee and Salt Fish recipe. We've been told it's dangerously good.
10. Cardiff based clothing company, Work Shy has just launched their Nat West Back-Her-Business crowd funder! Beautiful jackets with a beautiful ethos.